House evidence gaps are dangerous.Is your case file complete?
Does your case file answer these questions?
- Is the house title clear and marketable?
- Can the marital mortgage be refinanced and has the retaining spouse obtained written pre-approval to refinance?
- Is the house in good physical condition? Has the attic, crawl space and similar areas been physically inspected for hidden damage?
- Is your client a named insured on property & casualty, and title insurance?
- Will your client have an insurable interest in the house post-divorce?
- Can the spouse keeping the house obtain property, casualty, and title insurance?
At no cost to you or your clients, we help gather documents and schedule free consultations regarding key due diligence categories including mortgage, title and insurance. We can also assist in obtaining inspections to determine house condition, however there is a fee for this service. These documents help complete your case file.
Why Work With Us?
As licensed real estate agents we already have working relationships with all the key house related professionals including mortgage, title, insurance, and house condition divorcing homeowners need. We recommend multiple professionals in these categories for you and your client to consider.
We take a consumer protection approach so that a divorcing homeowner keeping the house know the risk before making a binding decision. Our goal is to help preserve home ownership.
Real Estate Collaboration Specialist – Divorce™
How We Help Attorneys and Mediators
If you use the common method of (Appraisal – Mortgage Balance = Equity) we can show you two gaps in your case file that can be detrimental to your clients. House due diligence is an important part of determining actual value.
If a CLUE report is not part of your case file we will show you why it should be.
With the assistance of our Title partners, we can provide title and lien searches on the property, identify any mechanics liens, and home equity lines of credit (HELOC) that may decrease the value of the house.
We can also arrange for home inspections to help identify any potentially expensive repairs that may be needed to the house that may otherwise go unnoticed, even if your client has lived in the home for years.
We help your client help you
How Our Process Works
- At no cost, we will meet with your client and identify which documents to secure (your clients choice).
- Based on your client’s choice we will help schedule the necessary consultations (Mortgage, Title, House Insurance, Inspection, Appraisal).
- The above-referenced consultations will often generate much of the needed documentation.
- We identify any outstanding documentation and help your clients obtain the missing pieces.
- We will organize the documentation into 4 key categories and deliver the completed packet to your client.
- Your client meets with you and delivers the completed house documentation packet to supplement your case file.